We are thrilled that for the fourth consecutive year, Gartner named IBM a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms. IBM is now a leader in seven Magic Quadrants related to mobile:
- Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
- Enterprise Content Management
- Managed Mobility Services
- Application Security Testing
- Security Information and Event Management
- Global Digital Marketing Agencies
- Mobile Application Development Platforms
Leaders in the report must represent a strong combination of “Ability to Execute” and “Completeness of Vision.” According to Gartner, Inc., “In the MADP sector, this means that Leaders not only are good at cross-platform development, deployment and management across the full life cycle, but also have a good vision of the multichannel enterprise, support for multiple architectures and standards, a solid understanding of IT requirements, and scalable channels and partnerships.”
Mobile continues to be a top priority for enterprises around the world. According to initial findings from the IBM Institute for Business Value study, 77 percent of executives plan to do at least five mobile enterprise initiatives over the next year. As the primary entry point for digital transformation, mobile continues to drive enterprises to rethink how they create unique digital experiences for their customers and employees. IBM is proud to support more than 5,000 clients from around the world in every industry as they transform into mobile enterprises. We are inspired by the innovative solutions our clients are creating with IBM MobileFirst and powered by the cloud.
Here are just a few examples of how IBM MobileFirst is driving mobile development success:
- ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank, needed an innovative way to attract youth and first-time banking customers. ICICI Bank leveraged IBM MobileFirst to develop Pockets, a multi-platform app described as “India’s first digital bank for youth.” The app enables instant creation of a digital wallet with an attached payment card fundable from any bank account. Users can transfer funds to bank accounts as well as to email IDs, mobile numbers and social networks. They can pay bills, request money from family and friends, and open a full-service youth savings account at ICICI Bank. With IBM MobileFirst, ICICI Bank’s mobile customers receive instant access to useful services, while ICICI Bank gains an effective platform for supporting mobility and quickly developing new features and apps.
- City Furniture, a Florida-based furniture retailer, leveraged IBM’s mobile services and Swift end-to-end to create a mobile solution in just six weeks to transform clearance merchandise from a cost-recovery to a profitable product segment. City Furniture’s new iPad app enables better pricing of merchandise, improves employee efficiency and productivity and is expected to have a potential impact of more than $1.5 million.
- Security First Insurance, a leading Florida-based homeowners insurance company, improved customer engagement and provided differentiated service in a competitive business environment through the Security First Mobile App powered by IBM MobileFirst. Through an interactive Storm Center leveraging weather and location-based insights, Security First Insurance is putting critical, relevant storm information and preparedness tools in the hands of Floridians, while at the same time cultivating loyalty for its brand.
ICICI Bank, City Furniture and Security First Insurance are just three examples of how IBM MobileFirst drives digital transformation within the enterprise. We believe our leadership in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant reinforces our vision for driving mobile success in the cloud and cognitive era.
Download the full report here.